Salmonberry (Rubus spectabilis) flower and fruit. They grow in the forests, swamps, creek bottoms and moist clearing. They grow everywhere here. Good for birds, bears, coyotes and people.
MB, You are just a walking book. Always teaching me something new. Not easy at my age. But I try and pay attention. You have been extra busy of late. Always on the move. NANCY JO
7 comments:
MB,
You are just a walking book. Always teaching me something new. Not easy at my age. But I try and pay attention. You have been extra busy of late. Always on the move.
NANCY JO
I have never heard of them. I bet they are yummy!
I have some shots of these too - we have so many of them here - the wildlife love them. The flower is such a brilliant pink.
Beautiful, as a blossom.
And beautiful, as a fruit too.
Great photo opp!
Mari-Nanci
'Smilnsigh' blog
This is the first I've heard of salmonberries. They look yummy and the flower is gorgeous!
Beautiful photos!
... they're golden! What a yummy looking berry. What do they taste like?
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment