I have searched and searched to find the name of this plant. It may be just a weed but it still would have a name. I think it is beautiful because it is so outrageous.
This is gunera, also known as Elephant Ear MB - it is indeed a fascinating plant - the neighbor across the street has one and it takes up a great deal of her yard :) Lovely shots of this unique plant.
Janice: I had ruled out Gunnera because the shape of the leaves are different and the texture is different but there could be a different species than the one I know. Thanks for the info. MB
Hi Sweet friend!! Thanks so much for the house warming goodies, love them, hope the start makes it, will let you know! Your photos are GREAT, the moon is awesome, that should be entered in the fair! Enjoyed catching up! Hugs!
I thought it looked like rubarb, too, but a plant that big would be going to seed. Maybe it is the wanne be rubarb...or the elephant ear. Whatever it is it is so big and I could use that next to the pond!
10 comments:
This is gunera, also known as Elephant Ear MB - it is indeed a fascinating plant - the neighbor across the street has one and it takes up a great deal of her yard :)
Lovely shots of this unique plant.
Janice: I had ruled out Gunnera because the shape of the leaves are different and the texture is different but there could be a different species than the one I know. Thanks for the info. MB
Hi Sweet friend!! Thanks so much for the house warming goodies, love them, hope the start makes it, will let you know! Your photos are GREAT, the moon is awesome, that should be entered in the fair! Enjoyed catching up! Hugs!
MB,
Are there any babies under there?
NANCY JO
What a wonderful plant! I don't know what it is but sometimes "weeds" are the most marvelous plants of all.
Smiles,
Lea
Wow! How high does that stand???
Looks kind of like the ears of an elephant, doesn't it?
Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh blog
I've seen this plant before, I think it was in Vermont! Great looking plant!
Are they as big as they look?
Isn't it rhubarb?
Or is it 'that plant that looks like rhubarb but tastes awful'?
Only one way to find out! *lol*
greetings from the netherlands!
I thought it looked like rubarb, too, but a plant that big would be going to seed. Maybe it is the wanne be rubarb...or the elephant ear. Whatever it is it is so big and I could use that next to the pond!
Post a Comment