SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Friday, August 31, 2007

Where's MB



This is a small piece of the Pilchuck Tree Farm I live in/near/under. It is several thousand acres of wonderfully managed trees. Open to hikers, horsebackriding (only April to november for horses) and bicyclers no motors allowed. There are many logging roads and trails and beautiful vistas. This tree farm was started in the 40s and 50s by a visionary who knew there was a better way to log than just cut 'er all down. Selective logging and replanting. Anyway I live somewhere in there---up and to the right. I took these pictures down the hill on a road call Starbird Rd. I like that name.

5 comments:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

What beautiful country. I can see why you love it. Now, if I could just find your house. Hope things are going better for your husband. Been thinking of you and yours. Hope you all have a blessed weekend.
Laura

smilnsigh said...

How lucky for you, to live by such a wonderful place!

And I too hope things are improving for your husband.

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

Re: your comment in my Photos-City-Mine blog... Isn't that SOME house?!? And, are you ready for this???? Two adults occupy it. Their children are mostly grown now. If you are thinking "excess," believe me, you aren't the only one. Yish... It's almost unbelievable.

Yup, conspicuous consumption is alive and well, in my city too!! -sigh-

But my blog is to record lots aspects of my city, and I admit to dwell more on the pretty stuff, than on the not-pretty stuff. Thus, I put up pics of mansions,like this and others. What makes us happy is, that there are people with enough money, to keep these relics up. Without money, these old time buildings fall into ruin and are demolished. We hate to lose pieces of our history, thus.

30 years ago, that was happening. We were losing history, to wrack and ruin. 30 years ago, we realized we had to try to do something and stem the tide and make our city WANTED again. With lots of work, we did. {I say 'we' because having purchased a downtown old fashioned drug store, we ourselves also had a reason to hope our city would prosper. We had a young family, and had to provide for them.}

Maybe I should put some sort of a disclaimer on my blog... That I don't endorse conspicuous consumption. We ourselves never "played that game." But we are still glad someone has done preservation.

Mari-Nanci

Alpicks Treasures said...

Very Pretty and I am glad someone was thinking about growing more trees. Very Nice Mary Beth...

Unknown said...

I'd love to live amoung the trees like that!