SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Autumn Leaves

2 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Yes, those Autumn leaves, they are a'coming, aren't they?

And Re: your comment in my blog entry... "I try to be myself but I think I was brought up in an era where we were taught to cater to others but then again that is just being myself. the golden rule you know, do unto others...."

Trouble is, not everyone does this, and so... the really nice people end up doing a lot of catering.

And I don't think that being one's self means being unkind to anyone, anyway. It simply means to not become anyone's 'door mat.' To take care of ourselves too, or else... what do we have left to help others with, if we are totally worn out? Etc. Etc.

A whole dissertation could be written on this topic and I'm not going to do that, in your comments. :-))) Just, I hope people do not wear themselves out, in catering to and caring for others. If you feel it your duty, well... I suppose you do. I just don't subscribe to that view, myself. :-)

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Unknown said...

That's interesting? What is it? Nice artwork. We have autumn leaves, but not from the season, they are turning from lack of rain!