

This was an original homestead from this area. Lived in until the 1950s and moved to be preserved. The cedar slab house is what a lot of natives lived in and also early homesteaders and loggers. It is take from a sawn down Cedar and hollowed out and a roof put on and is cozy. They did make bigger ones where they cut cedar slabs as tall as was necessary and put them together and added a roof and a have a new home.
These now have a home at the Stanwood Fairgrounds and are used as a museum and a fun place for kids to hid and then have their pictures taken. I think the date on the cabin is 1888.






2 comments:
How cute, I want them both!! lol May I lift them? I may try to make a new header out of one? Please!!
I'd love to be able to show these to builders of today's "McMansions"! I'd love to show these to a lot of people, who aren't all the way to the "McMansion" status. But are building much more than they truly NEED.
Yes, I'm quite grumpy-sounding this morning hu? -giggles-
Mari-Nanci
{Who is still officially NOT participating in "Pretty Blog Land," but sushhhhhhhh, don't tell. I commented. -gigggles-}
Post a Comment