Gunnera manicata, is an ornamental plant in the Gunneraceae family, and is native to Brazil.
The underside of the leaf and the whole stalk have spikes on them. The leaves of Gunnera grow to an impressive size. Leaves with diameters well in excess of four feet are commonplace, with a spread of 10 feet by 10 feet on a mature plant. This plant grows best in damp conditions eg by the side of garden ponds, but dislikes winter cold and wet.
If you would like to see flowers from all over the world or to participate just click on the yellow Sunflower to you right. Thank you~










8 comments:
Wow, that is impressive. I bet the dinosaurs thought that was a very tasty treat. I have never seen or heard of it before, thanks for sharing.
SQ
I have seen that plants in Parks, and i would like to have it in my garden and the dinosaurs so until They start living again and I get a bigger garden I leave it (I have Rodgersia - it will be half the size.
/MB
It's gorgeous! I have never heard of one before. Thanks for the info!
Very impressive plant, and I have never heard of it before! Looks big!
Great post for Today's Flower! There is always something new to learn and see!
Have a great week!
Valkyrien
Very interesting! I had never heard of this plant before.
It's an amazing plant indeed! But lovely! I love the thought of dinosaurs nibbling of them :)
I've heard of this plant but I've never seen it. Perfect for dinosaurs!
why are they so BIG!
Post a Comment