SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE I LIVE

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Zygocactus


Also called Schlumbergera truncata but I call it my Thanksgiving Cactus because it is blooming now. MB

To see more flowers go to: http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/






13 comments:

Redzlan said...

Lovely pink flowers!.
This cactus flowers look like some kind of orchid here.

Carletta said...

It looks so delicate.
Lovely pink color.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow. That is so pretty. I've never seen one of those.

Flying Solo said...

Beautiful, MB!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

MB: It is just wonderful when the cactus does the once a year bloom. this one blooms so beautifully.

Maria said...

Beautiful how the light shines through the pink petals!
My cactus is just getting buds!
Have a nice day!

Arija said...

The flowers are so delicate and very pretty.

Alpicks Treasures said...

Ohh Pretty.

Olga said...

that's one of my favorite house plants. I have two of them right now, but non are in bloom.

PERBS said...

Beautiful! Nice to "run into" someone else from WA.

You reminded me to check my Christmas cactus. I just did and it has one flower blooming too! A friend gave it to me because she didn't have room in her tiny apartment. I have had it about 8 mos. and it has bloomed twice but not fully!

Nancy Jo said...

Those are very big words you are using!! I think I will pick the Thanksgiving cactus one.
NANCY JO

Janice Thomson said...

Love those cactus - had one for the longest time til the wind knocked it over one year and smashed it.
Mine was red but the pink is really lovely.

Maria said...

Ah, yes, your Christmas Cactus is pink, mine is white! I bough it last year and was very surprised that it had as many blossoms this years again as he had when I bought him!
:) I love the beautiful blossoms very much!